- Over 400 hundred pieces of coverage in the first year of service in print and broadcast media
- Unprecedented ROI and market share capture
- Positive, mutually beneficial relationship with local, key media including senior desk editors
Etihad Airways began operations in 2003, and in 2015 carried 17.4 million passengers. From its Abu Dhabi base, Etihad Airways flies to, or has announced plans to serve, 116 passenger and cargo destinations in the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Americas. The airline has a fleet of around 120 Airbus and Boeing aircraft, with approximately 200 aircraft on firm order, including 66 Boeing 787s, 25 Boeing 777Xs, 62 Airbus A350s and five Airbus A380s.
Etihad Airways holds equity investments in airberlin, Air Serbia, Air Seychelles, Alitalia, Jet Airways, Virgin Australia, and Swiss-based Darwin Airline, trading as Etihad Regional. Etihad Airways, along with airberlin, Air Serbia, Air Seychelles, Alitalia, Etihad Regional, Jet Airways and NIKI, also participate in Etihad Airways Partners, a new brand that brings together like-minded airlines to offer customers more choice through improved networks and schedules and enhanced frequent flyer benefits. For more information, please visit:www.etihad.com
- SPR was engaged to offer media relations
- Dissemination of press releases and Media Monitoring
- Facilitating Interviews with newspapers, magazines, radio, Tv stations and online blogs
- Build brand awareness and reputation of Etihad Airways in West Africa through strategic use of traditional and online media
- Raise awareness of Etihad’s products and services on West Africa routes, across business and leisure segments
- Raise awareness of Abu Dhabi, the capital of the UAE and a leading tourist and business destination, along with other key destinations on the airline’s network
- Support Etihad in driving its revenue and market share
- General public ABC1’s
- The media
- The Government
- The key objective of our strategy was to increase Etihad’s share of voice in the local media pool.
- Our primary aim was therefore to convert customers from Qatar airlines by highlighting the fact that Etihad provides direct flights and access to the UAE and Abu Dhabi.
- Our secondary aim was to convert the merchants and self employed business people from Emirates As there is no Diamond Class product offered on the Lagos-Abu Dhabi route, executives will have to be educated on how Etihad’s Pearl Business Class is comparable to the first class of other airlines, including Emirates.